How to obtain medications for your companion animal
Since LMVS is a 100% mobile practice, we do not have a land-based location from which clients may pick up medications.
So, how may you obtain medications for your dog or cat?
- LMVS delivery- we deliver medications directly to you. Our delivery fee at present, for most addresses within our service geography, is $15 - $25.
- The LMVS My Vet Store Online (MVSO)
You may also reach MVSO through our link at the top of our website.
- This is our practice’s online pharmacy with both regular and express delivery available directly to your doorstep.
- We offer this pharmacy to our clients so they may purchase medications at online prices with online convenience, taking advantage of veterinarian-only manufacturers’ rebates and coupons, but without the concerns of safety, true source or legitimacy of product.
- Unlike other, unaffiliated online pharmacies, medications and prescription food come directly from the manufacturer or our veterinary supplier, Midwest Vet Supply, to you. You do not have to worry about whether what you receive is counterfeit or diverted/grey market product.
- Also, unlike with other unaffiliated online pharmacy orders, we are able to approve prescription requests the same day they are submitted.
- For medications available through local pharmacies (e.g. CVS, Rite Aid, etc.) or accredited compounding pharmacies (e.g. Stokes), we are happy to call in prescriptions for your pet.
A note about generic medications:
In veterinary medicine, some generic medications are useful and cost-effective. However, we do receive more recalls and see more product failures with some classes of generic drugs, such as preventive medications (e.g. heartworm/intestinal parasite as well as flea/tick preventives) than with their brand-name counterparts. For this reason, we recommend brand-name products in this category.
We hope this information is helpful!
Our goal is to provide your companion animals with safe, efficacious medications and you with affordability, value and convenience.
Please contact us with any questions you may have about obtaining medications for your companion animals.