YES, we are seeing patients.
To maintain biosecurity and thwart the spread of COVID-19, we are utilizing the following protocol for visits:
LVS is doing its best to follow recommendations made by the Centers for Disease Control, or CDC, and the World Health Organization, including:
- Ensuring there are enough supplies to meet personal hygiene and facility-cleaning policies
- Requiring hand washing and other individual sanitation measures
- Cleaning and disinfecting surfaces and objects that are frequently touched
- Providing receptacles that don’t require touching (such as those operated by a foot pedal)
- Encouraging sick team members to stay home
We are watching changing regulations at the local, state, and national levels to do what is in the best interest of public health, while still providing you with the highest-quality medical care for your companion animals.
We ask, respectfully, that you:
- Be understanding if we ask to postpone elective procedures and less urgent exams.
- Be open to telemedicine and curbside appointment options.
- Wash your hands and disinfect your vehicle if you’re engaging in curbside services.
- Keep an emergency supply of food and medication for your pet to cover up to two weeks.
We will continue to adapt as quickly as possible to changing health regulations, so please check our website or call us to find out what new restrictions or procedural changes are in place before your appointment.
We encourage fully vaccinated and boostered pet parents to enter our facilities.
At this time, credit card payments are preferred over cash or check.
Our goal is to keep both your companion animal AND you safe and well!
Thank you for entrusting the medical care of your canine and feline companions to us.
As always, please contact us with any questions or concerns!
COVID-19 FAQ for Pet Owners: